Locomotives modernized and thyristorized in Končar are still used in many countries and in different variants.
The benefits of a modernized and thyristorized locomotive are:
- Increased reliability and availability of vehicles in traffic
- An increase in service time between two major overhauls
- A reduction in operating and maintenance costs
- Increased traction of the locomotive
- The possibility of an automatic driving function (to maintain speed)
- Implementation of effective anti-slip protection
- Improved working conditions and environment for the driver
Main Technical Characteristics
- system: 25 kV, 50 Hz
- continous output: 3860 kW
- max. speed: 120-140-160 km/h
- wheel arrangement: Bo’ Bo’ & Co'Co'
- gauge: 1435 mm
- operator: HŽ, ŽS, ŽFBH, MŽ, SNCFR, TCDD